A healthy 11-month-old patient with bilateral cleft lip and palate undergoes surgery. The surgeon performs a bilateral cleft lip repair, single stage. Code the anesthesia service.
- 00170-P1, 99100
- 00102-P1, 99100
Answer – 00102-P1, 99100
A 78-year-old with lower back pain and leg pain is scheduled for a MRI of lumbar spine without contrast. Following the MRI, the patient is diagnosed with spinal stenosis of the lumbar region. What are the procedure and diagnosis codes?
- 72020-26, 724.2, 729.5, 724.02
- 72149-26, 724.03
- 72148-26, 724.02
- 72158-26, 724.02, 724.2, 729.5
Answer – 72148-26, 724.02
22-year-old driver loss control of her car and crashed into a light pole on the highway. She arrived to the hospital by ambulance in an unconscious state. She had CT scans without contrast of the brain and chest. She had X-rays of AP and PA views of her left ribs and AP and PA views of her right ribs with a posterioanterior view of the chest. The CT scan of the brain showed a fracture of the skull base with no hemorrhage of the brain. The CT of the lung showed no puncture of the lungs. The X-ray showed fractures in her second, third, and fifth ribs. What CPT® and ICD-9-CM codes should be reported.
- 70450-26, 71250-26, 71101-26, 803.02, 807.03, E815.0, E849.5
- 70460-26, 71260-26, 71110-26, 801.02, 807.13, E815.0, E849.5
- 70450-26, 71250-26, 71111-26, 71010-26, 801.06, 807.03, E815.0, E849.5
- 70450-26, 71250-26, 71111-26, 801.06, 807.03, E815.0, E849.5
Answer – 70450-26, 71250-26, 71111-26, 801.06, 807.03, E815.0, E849.5